The Erasmus Mundus Programme
The Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the area of Higher Education, implemented by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with Third-Countries.
In addition, it contributes to the development of human resources and the international cooperation capacity of Higher education institutions in Third Countries by increasing mobility between the European Union and these countries.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2 – STRAND 1 main goals are:
• to promote the European Higher Education;
• to improve and enhance the career prospects of students;
• to promote intercultural understanding through cooperation with third countries scheme for students, scholars, researchers and professionals;
This strand includes partnerships between European and third countries’ Higher Education Institutions, exchange and mobility in several Higher Education levels, and also a scholarship scheme for students, scholars, researchers and professionals.
The Maya-Net Partnership
The MAYANET project intends to develop a structured mobility-based cooperation between 1 Colombian, 2 El Salvadoran, 1 Mexican, 1 Nicaraguan, 2 Honduran, 2 Guatemalan and 1 Cuban HEIs on the one side and 10 EU HEIs from the second side.
This cooperation network aims at supporting students from all levels (undergraduate, Master and PhD and Postdoctoral) academic staff, researchers and administrative staff to gain experiences, expertise and skills through interaction in an international environment.
The MayaNet project supports 120 SCHOLARSHIPS divided in 3 cohorts according to the following: 37 Undergraduates – 32 Masters – 18 Doctorates – 16 Post-doctorates – 17 Staff.
The main objectives of MAYA-NET project are:
- to organize mobility flows of 120 grantees 37 BA, 32 MA, 18 PhD, 16 Post Doc and 17 staff, of which a total of 85 mobilities from LA, according to percentage and quota requirements defined for lot 8, organised in such a way to obtain maximum effect of mobility abroad on a cost/effectiveness basis. Please note that LOT 8 countries are: Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua (Group A), Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, mexico, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela (Group B)
- to promote and to foster mutual enrichment between the Partners through the exchange of people, knowledge and culture and to enhance the personal skills and employability of participating individuals,
- to organize transfer and multiplication of knowledge, skills and ideas and to enhance cooperation between sending and hosting institutions, by facilitating transfer of know-how and good practices during mobility periods of grantees and after their return (among others by means of obligatory POST-MUNDUS Transfer of knowledge phase),
- to provide good students from vulnerable groups with further education and professional development and empowerment for leadership;
- to disseminate project outcomes, incl. the communication and visibility campaign, concerning the project and the whole programme,
- to implement quality assurance and assessment mechanisms,
- to develop sustainable relationships beyond the end of the project.
MAYA-NET is intended as the starting point for a long and fruitful cooperation between the partners from EU and Latin America region. Within the project, the Partners will seek to develop activities that will lead to future new or enhanced exchange agreements and other joint study and research projects.
Candidates/Applicants are informed that if they are selected (proposed for a scholarship/fellowship, put on the reserve list or enrolled on a self-paying basis) their data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the programmes, efficiently manage the projects, and producing statistics. Data could be made available to the EACEA, the European Commission, the European External Action Service staff, as well as to other stakeholders of the Erasmus+ programme, such as Erasmus+ National Agencies, National Erasmus+ Offices and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association.
Please consult the statement at the link below for more information: https://erasmusmundus.univaq.it/mayanet/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Privacy_statement_EMT.pdf